.

Thursday, August 29, 2019

IP 1 Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 750 words

IP 1 - Essay Example It may be just a movie but helped me settle the argument if everything around me is just an idea or predetermined but finally concluded that everything has physical existence and that nothing is predetermined. Real for me meant a tangible existence that could be verified by my senses. Since everything around me is verifiable by my senses, everything I see is real and that we have free will. There two main thoughts about the source of knowledge. One is the idea of tabula rasa that the mind is empty and it gets its knowledge from sensory experience and study. There is also another thought that posits that the mind already contains some ideas such as conscience and the predisposition to believe the existence of a Supreme Being. For me however, I am more incline to believe that knowledge is a product of study and experience more than a predetermined idea. And this knowledge is subjective. What I experience and learn may differ from other person and as a result, we will have a different kind of thinking but we may have agree on some truths such as existence of a Supreme Being, to be a moral person, to serve society, etch. Traditional thinkers hold that faith conflicts with reason. They posit that to be faithful, one must abandon reason and to be reasonable, one must not have faith. My position however is that each complements the other. Reason through science supports faith. By knowing the wonder of nature and the universe, I became more convince of the supreme intelligence and power of God and thus, fortified my faith more. Human understanding can also never fathom the eternal wisdom of God. Ethics, which is doing the right thing to differentiate from morals, which means to be a good person in a way that ethics only requires following a certain standard of right whereas morals is not subjective. Moral is universal regardless of culture, norm or society. Simply put, being good does not mean following certain rules which ethics

No comments:

Post a Comment